Saturday, January 29, 2011

Homesick

I've been really homesick lately. I miss my family. I had so much fun this past summer spending LOTS of time with my sister and her boys. My sister is an AMAZING mother and her boys are so sweet and TONS of fun!! I cherished each and every moment I had with them. And now, I am missing them. I miss reading Dr. Seuss's sleep book to Eli every night. I miss watching Sam chase the chickens. I miss talking with Christina. I just miss them. 
I miss the conveniences of living in the States. When I go to the ATM there it just works. And if for some reason it doesn't, then there's a million others I can use! Here we have only one ATM and it is often "off line". Then when it does work my card won't work. I would love to be able to do something simple and have it be actually that, simple. 
I was talking with my roommate last night about being homesick. We both sat for awhile, wondering what it would be like to be living the American dream instead of living in another country, where everything is so complicated. We thought wistfully about it for a bit, but in the end decided that we are happy right where God has us. Even if we do miss home. 

1 comment:

N Family said...

amen sister. sometimes (like just a minute ago when I wanted Shipley Donuts) we just have to back our mind out of the immediate mundane and remember that we're in the middle of something real and exciting (: