Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy Birthday....


Guess what? My birthday is in just 31 days!!! March 25 to be exact. And I'll be celebrating with two of my classmates, one of the Filipino midwives, and Emmaus (Georgia's oldest boy) who all have birthdays in March. It's gonna be a pretty fun birthday with all those people to share it with!!

This brings me to my birthday request...I would love to have an overflowing mailbox for my birthday!! Letters and cards and packages, oh my!! Would you help to make my birthday wonderful by sending a letter, card or package? A letter/card cost approximately 98 ¢. With packages, it's best to send one of the Priority Mail flat rate boxes. We've never had a problem getting them and they are usually cheaper than if you pack just a random box. As far as filling out the customs form...the less you put the better. Any edible things should just be listed as "confections".

Now, how about some suggestions for packages...
  • COFFEE!!! Beans or ground...regular or flavored...
  • Chocolate...dark...with almonds....with cherries....toffee... hey, chocolate is  chocolate
  • Dried fruits....especially blueberries, strawberries, cherries, peaches, apricots, raspberries...
  •  Reece's Pieces/cups
  • Nuts...pecans, almonds, walnuts, macaroons, cashews....
  • Beef (or deer works too!!) jerky
  • Pepperoni
  • Twin bings (for those who live in the Sioux City area)
  • Fun baking things...we will be needing to make a FABULOUS cake since we've got so many people with birthdays!! 
These are just a few ideas, feel free to use you imagination. Now for the address...

Sara Zellmer
c/o Abundant Grace of God Maternity Center
Magsaysay, Tabuk City, Kalinga 3800
PHILIPPINES

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement while I've been here learning how to be a midwife!!
~sara~




No comments: