Friday, June 5, 2009

Degrees of hotness

I have decided that in the summer here it doesn’t ever cool off. There are just different degrees of hotness. During the day is is WAY SUPER HOT and at night it’s just hot. I am looking forward to the monsoon. But I’m sure that after a week of rain, I’ll be ready for that to be over too.

Suzy and I have had two lessons in H!nd! so far. The “Mam” who runs our PG is teaching us. We spend about an hour or two in H!nd! lessons and then we spend half an hour or so helping her improve her English. It’s a lot of fun. We have been focussing on learning how to write the letters and knowing the sounds. It’s a lot of work, but I think I am understanding it pretty well. I definitely need to practice a lot though. We are taking about five days off since we are going north for a few days, and I am hoping I will be able to take an hour or two each day to practice.

It’s been a lot of fun to get to know the girls here at the PG. We’ve had dinner with some of them almost every night and then we hang out for awhile after that. They love to hear me play my guitar even though I’m  not very good. They also like to try and play it. It’s so much fun getting to know them. I’m kind of sad we are probably only going to be here for one month.

No comments: