Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Living by Promise

Cling to the promise of provision.
You said.
So I cling.
I will provide for your needs.
You said.
So I wait.
I will not let you down.
You said.
So I trust.

___________________________________

Living on support is not easy. Hardly a day goes by when I don't worry about how I will pay for one thing or another. But somehow God always provides. As I have been worrying about money again throughout this week, God has been bringing up many passages about Him providing. Yesterday it was a verse that is taped to some shelves in my room. I'd been meaning to read it for a few days, but for some reason I hadn't yet, even though I get things from it every day. Today it was a verse taped to the wall in the postpartum room at the clinic. Earlier in the week it was a passage I read in my quiet time. I know that God will provide because He has promised me He will. So, I will cling, I will wait and I will trust.

No comments: