Sunday, March 27, 2011

Summer break

In just a few weeks I will be taking my summer break from school. I am so looking forward and needing this time! This past year has been full of joys, struggles, lessons learned, excitement, and longings. God has taught me so much about myself. And frankly it's overwhelming. I am really looking forward to taking time to just rest and reflect.
But that's not the only thing I am looking forward to...
During my break I will be going back to India for a couple weeks. For the past two months or so I've been imagining what it will be like to walk through Mussoorie again. To walk my old language route. To stop in at the sewing shop and share a cup of tea while watching and learning about cricket with the shop keeping. To have an enlightening conversation with Rashib at his shoe/umbrella shop. To walk down below the Sikh temple to visit Aprit's family, along with all the other families who live down there. Maybe to learn a new knitting stitch or two from the ladies. To stop in a Innam's tailoring shop. Then to walk up to his brother Islam's house and have chai with his wife, mom and girls. Then to continue up the mountain and stop in at Ayub second hand shop. Maybe have another cup of chai with his family. And then continue on up the hill until I finally arrive at my host family's house. To walk in and sit down with my mom for a final cup of chai for the day. Maybe play a game of goat and lion with my dad or sister. To help my mom cook dinner. To eat a bowl of halim or egg curry. To watch some of the Indian serials then play a game of Settlers, or the "stealing game" as my mom calls it.
Oh!! I can't wait!! And this is only the first half of my break! I'll tell you the next half in another post. In the meantime, here's a couple pictures from my last time in India. :)



















No comments: